The Fan Fund of Australia and New Zealand has a new web site. It contains news, history and delegate resources. You can find it here. You can sign up for email alerts if you wish.
Alternatively, FFANZ maintains a facebook page. You can find it here.
The Fan Fund of Australia and New Zealand (FFANZ) are very pleased to announce that the race for Melbourne has been won, and we are excited to have Lynelle Howell as our new delegate.
Lynelle has been a tireless champion of the New Zealand science fiction community for many years, and now she will be heading to Melbourne in 2017 to meet and greet with Australian fandom and share her knowledge and enthusiasm across the ditch.
Thanks to everyone who voted for Lynelle, and to all those who have otherwise supported or signal-boosted the fan funds. It is much appreciated.
If you would like to help in our mission to promote New Zealand and Australian fandom and writing and continue to strengthen the bonds between our communities, please contact the fund administrators, Dan Rabarts in New Zealand or David McDonald in Australia, to see how you can help.
We’re always open to donations which can be auctioned at cons, or any other creative means of raising funds and raising awareness and keeping good things happening. We can both be found on Facebook or Twitter.
Posted in People
The FFANZ (Fan Fund of Australia and New Zealand) administrators have announced the ballot for the race for a Kiwi to attend the Australian National Convention 2017.
All the candidate and voting details can be found here.
This year’s FFANZ race is a westward bound one, facilitating travel by a New Zealand fan to the 56th Australian Speculative Fiction National Convention, Continuum XIII – Triskaidekaphilia, to be held in Melbourne, Victoria, over Queen’s Birthday Weekend, 9th-12th June, 2017.
Dan Rabarts has published his FFANZ trip report for his trip to Continuum X last year. The trip report is a key component of the Fan Fund of Australia and New Zealand administrator and it is also one of the core ways money is raised to keep these fan funds running. You can donate to to the fan fund on Dan’s trip report page and receive the report on epub, mobi and pdf formats for your reading preference convenience.
The FFANZ Trip report for Dan Rabart’s trip to Continuum X is available here as an ebook (pdf, epub, mobi).
All proceeds from the sale of fan fund trip reports go to the fan fund for the next trip.
Nominations are now open for the 2013 Fan Fund of Australia and New Zealand (FFANZ). FFANZ in 2013 will send one New Zealand science fiction fan from New Zealand to the 2013 Australian Natcon, Conflux 9 in Canberra from 25-28 April.
Prospective candidates will have until February 10th 2013 to file the documents required to have one’s name placed in nomination and added to the ballot.
The ballots will be published and distributed in late February, and voting will run from February 28th – March 12.
Candidates should file the following documents:
- A brief letter stating one’s intent to run for FFANZ 2013.
- A nominator and a seconder, preferably a nominator from New Zealand and a seconder from Australia.
- A 100 word or less platform statement specifying the candidate’s reasons for running and qualifications for becoming the 2013 FFANZ delegate.
The duties of the winning candidate will be as follows:
- Travel to Australia and attend Conflux 9, the 52nd Australian Natcon, in Canberra from 25-28 April.
- Visit and get to know as many Australian Science Fiction fans as time will permit.
- Become the New Zealand FFANZ administrator until a replacement administrator is found, normally this happens when the administrator role is handed over to the succeeding Aussie-bound delegate (in 2015 if a race is run every year).
- Raise funds and maintain an account to be used by the next NZ delegate(s) in 2015.
- Promote connections between Australian and New Zealand fandom by a trip report or other means.
Send required documents to;
email@example.com for New Zealand fans
firstname.lastname@example.org for Australian fans
More information about being a fan fund delegate can be found at http://ffanz.sf.org.nz/qanda.htm or http://ozfanfunds.com/